Payment of Members of the Provincial Legislature Act, 1994
Act 4 of 1994
- Published in Limpopo Provincial Gazette no. 15 on 13 January 1995
- Assented to on 13 January 1995
- Commenced on 13 January 1995
- [This is the version of this document from 13 January 1995.]
2. Remuneration and allowances of members of Provincial Legislature and office-bearers
3. Deductions on account of absence
4. Payment of remuneration and allowancesSubject to the provisions of section 6, the Secretary shall pay to every member of the Provincial Legislature or to every office-bearer a monthly amount, after any contributions or other amounts required by law or otherwise to be deducted therefrom have been taken into account, at the rate of remuneration and allowances, if any, to which he or she is entitled in terms of this Act, the first month to be reckoned—
5. Charge to Provincial Revenue FundThe amount payable in respect of remuneration and allowances in terms of this Act shall be charged annually to the Provincial Revenue Fund, and the provisions of this section shall be deemed to be an appropriation of every such amount.
6. Transitional provisionsThe remuneration or the allowances paid to the members of the Provincial Legislature or to an office-bearer immediately prior to the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have been determined in terms of section 2(1) as the remuneration or the allowances payable to the members of the Provincial Legislature or to an office bearer until such remuneration or allowances are altered under that section.
7. Short titleThis Act shall be called the Payment of Members of the Provincial Legislature Act, 1994.
History of this document
13 January 1995 this version
Published in Limpopo Provincial Gazette number 15