Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency Act, 2005
Act 5 of 2005
- Published in Mpumalanga Provincial Gazette no. 1319 on 17 March 2006
- Assented to on 13 January 2006
- Commenced on 1 April 2006 by Premiers Notice of 2006
- [This is the version of this document from 17 March 2006 and includes any amendments published up to 29 April 2023.]
2. EstablishmentThe Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency is hereby established as a juristic person,
3. Objects of the Agency
4. Powers and functions of the Agency
5. Establishment and composition of Board
6. Qualifications for Membership of BoardThe Members shall be-
7. Procedure for appointment
8. DisqualificationNotwithstanding the provisions of section 5, 6 or 7, a person is disqualified from being appointed or remaining, a Member of the Board if such person-
9. Resignation and removal from office
10. Vacancies on Board
11. Chairperson and deputy Chairperson
12. Terms and conditions of office of Member
13. Chief Executive Officer
14. Removal of Chief Executive Officer from office
15. Employment contract and performance agreement of Chief Executive Officer
16. Meetings of Board
17. Decisions of Board and voting powers of Chairperson
18. Duty of Members to disclose interest
19. Delegation of powers
20. Funding of the AgencyThe Agency shall be funded by the Government with such moneys as may be appropriated by the Provincial Legislature, after consideration of strategic, corporate and business plans and a proposed budget of estimated, revenue and expenditure, duly submitted by the Agency to the Member of the Executive Council, before or on 30 September of every year in respect of the ensuing financial year, as contemplated in section 53 (1) of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999.
21. Revenue of the Agency
22. Appropriation of income and propertyThe moneys appropriated by the Provincial Legislature to the Agency as contemplated in section 20, shall be utilized in accordance with such appropriation and all other income, property and profits of the Agency, shall be utilised exclusively for the achievement of its objects and in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
24. Committees of Board
25. Power of Board to make rules and determine proceduresThe Board shall make internal rules and determine procedures regarding the holding of meetings of the Board and the holding of meetings of committees of the Board and the keeping of minutes of such meetings.
26. Bookkeeping and auditing
27. Quarterly reports
28. Annual report and financial statements
29. Prohibition of use of name of Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks AgencyNo person, company or association of persons may carry on business under a name that is the same as or so closely resembles that of the Mpumalanga Tourism and Parks Agency that is calculated to or is reasonably likely to deceive.
30. Appointment of Registrar and designated officers
31. Register for registration of certain persons and entities
32. Publication of requirements for registration
33. Certain persons and entities to be registered
34. Withdrawal of registration
35. Issuing of certificates
36. Publication of list of certain persons and entitiesThe Agency shall, during May and November of each year publish, in such manner as it may determine, a comprehensive list of all registered persons and entities as contemplated in section 31, together with such additional information as it may determine.
37. Appeal against decision of Registrar
38. Inspection of premises
39. Payment of levyAll levies payable in respect of tourism in the Province or conservation management of the natural resources of the Province, shall be as determined by applicable legislation.
41. Offences and penaltiesAny person who-
42. Repeal of lawsThe Mpumalanga Parks Board Act, 1995 (Act No. 6 of 1995), and the Mpumalanga Tourism Act, 2001 (Act No. 7 of 2001), are hereby repealed.
43. Transitional arrangements
44. Short title and commencement
History of this document
01 April 2006
17 March 2006 this version
Published in Mpumalanga Provincial Gazette number 1319
13 January 2006
|Mpumalanga Tourism Regulations||General Notice 205 of 2007|