Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions to Provide Protocols to Mitigate and Manage the COVID-19 Outbreak Amongst Employees and Customers in the Personal Care Services Industry (Alert Level 3)
Government Notice R696 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43459 on 19 June 2020
- Assented to on 18 June 2020
- Commenced on 19 June 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 19 June 2020.]
Definitions1. In these Directions, a word or expression bears the meaning assigned to it in the Regulations promulgated in Regulations published in Government Gazette No. 43364, Government Notice No. 608 of 28 May 2020, and made in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002), and unless the context otherwise indicated2. "Regulations" means the regulations published in Government Gazette No. 43364, Government Notice No. 608 of 28 May 2020.
Scope3. These Directions are issued in order to assist categories of services under the Personal Care Service industry that are deemed as safe to resume operations and specify conditions (protocols) under which such services may operate.4. The permitted services under this Directions may only commence with operations upon ensuring full compliance with the relevant protocols for their services.5. The categories of services that are deemed safe to resume operations are the following-a) Hairdressing;b) Barbering;c) Nail and toe treatment;d) Facial treatment and make - up;e) Body massage; andf) Tattooing and body piercing.
Protocols for the permitted personal care services
1. Objectives of the protocols
4. Contact details in the event of the abovementioned sector wishing to clarify the issue of ProtocolsAbovementioned sector may contact the Department of Small Business (DSBD) on 0860 663 7867 for more information or alternatively send their queries to email@example.com for clarity
5. CommencementThese Protocols come into operation on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this document
19 June 2020 this version
Published in Government Gazette number 43459
18 June 2020