Disaster Management Act, 2002
Directions Regarding the Criteria to Guide the Determination of Alert Levels
Government Notice R867 of 2020
- Published in Government Gazette no. 43599 on 7 August 2020
- Assented to on 15 July 2020
- Commenced on 7 August 2020
- [This is the version of this document from 7 August 2020.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Directions, unless the context otherwise indicates—"Alert Levels" means the levels of restriction that will be applicable nationally or in a province, metropolitan area or district, as set out in regulation 3(2) of the Regulations;"epidemiological trends" means the analysis of the distribution and patterns of the spread of Covid-19 infections in the population;"Ministerial Advisory Committee" means the committee appointed by the Minister of Health in terms of section 91 of the National Health Act, 2003 (Act No. 61 of 2003), for the purposes of advising on Covid-19 related matters;"Regulations" means the Regulations made in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002 (Act No. 57 of 2002), and published in Government Gazette No. 43258, Government Notice No. R480 of 29 April 2020.
2. Criteria for the determination of Alert Levels
3. Role of the Ministerial Advisory Committee
4. CommencementThese Directions come into operation on the date of publication in the Government Gazette.
History of this document
07 August 2020 this version
Published in Government Gazette number 43599
15 July 2020