- Is commenced by Limpopo Business Registration Act, 2003: Commencement
- Amends Limpopo Appropriation Act, 2019
Limpopo Business Registration Act, 2003
Act 5 of 2003
- Published in Limpopo Provincial Gazette 971 on 13 February 2004
- Assented to on 22 January 2004
- Commenced on 1 April 2015 by Limpopo Business Registration Act, 2003: Commencement
- [This is the version of this document from 13 February 2004.]
1. DefinitionsIn this Act unless the context otherwise indicates-“business” means the selling, leasing, hiring out, repairing, servicing or rendering of, or other dealing in, goods or services, or the provision of any facilities, as a commercial activity of a continuing nature, and includes acting as a commercial agent or a commission agent;“business premises” in relation to a business, means the premises upon which or from where the business is to be carried on;“Business Registration Centre” means any municipality designated as a Business Registration Centre in terms of section 6;“carry on business” includes the opening or keeping open of any premises for such purpose;“certificate holder” means a person or juristic person which is the holder of a certificate of a registered business issued in terms of section 10;“Department” means the department responsible for the administration of this Act;“employee” means a person or persons employed by or working for any employer and receiving or entitled to receive any remuneration, and any other person who assists in the carrying on or conducting of the business of any employer;“inspector” means an inspector appointed in terms of section 8;“MEC” means the Member of the Executive Council responsible for the Department;“municipality” means a municipality established in terms of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act, 1998 (Act No. 117 of 1998);“premises” includes land, any vehicle, conveyance, ship, boat, aircraft or any building or structure;“prescribed” means prescribed by regulation;“registration” means the registration of a business in terms of section 10;“regulation” means regulations made by the MEC under section 15;“sell” includes preparing, processing, storing, offering or displaying for sale;“South African citizen” means a South African citizen in terms of the South African Citizenship Act, 1995 (Act No. 88 of 1995); and“this Act” includes any regulation or notice made or issued under this Act.
2. Purpose of ActThe purpose of this Act is to—
3. Assignment of functions
4. Establishment of Directorate of Business Registration
5. Powers and functions of Limpopo Directorate of Business Registration
6. Establishment of Business Registration Centre
7. Powers and duties of Business Registration CentreA Business Registration Centre must—
8. Appointment of inspectors
9. Functions and powers of inspectors
10. Registration of business
11. Appeals against decision of Business Registration Centre
12. Disqualification from registering businessThe following persons are disqualified from registering a business described in this Act:
13. Prohibition on conducting or carrying on business without registrationNo person shall carry on or conduct business in the Province, unless such a person—
14. Penal provisionsA person who contravenes a provision of this Act is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
16. Repeal of existing legislationThe laws mentioned in the Schedule are hereby repealed to the extent indicated in the second column of the Schedule.
17. Transitional arrangements
18. Short titleThis Act is called the Limpopo Business Registration Act, 2003 and comes into operation on a date to be fixed by the Premier by Proclamation in the Gazette.
History of this document
01 April 2015
13 February 2004 this version
22 January 2004
|Limpopo Business Registration Regulations, 2015||General Notice 99 of 2015|