This is the version of this Government Notice as it was from 22 April 2022 to 31 July 2022. Read the version currently in force.
Social Assistance Act, 2004
Regulations Relating to COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress
Government Notice R2042 of 2022
- Published in Government Gazette no. 46271 on 22 April 2022
- Assented to on 22 April 2022
- Commenced on 22 April 2022
- [This is the version of this document as it was from 22 April 2022 to 31 July 2022.]
1. DefinitionsIn these Regulations any word or expression to which a meaning has been assigned in the Act or the 2008 Regulations, bears the same meaning, unless the context indicate otherwise or defined in these Regulations, and—"asylum seeker" means a person referred to in section 1 of the Refugees Act, 1998 (Act No. 130 of 1998);"electronic platform" means an electronic platform as designed and determined by the Agency and the Department for the application for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress and any appeal related thereto;"insufficient means" means that a person is not in receipt of income or financial support;"Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress" means the social relief of distress contemplated in regulation 2;"the Act" means the Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004), as amended;"the 2008 Regulations" means the Regulations relating to the application for and payment of social assistance and the requirements or conditions in respect of eligibility for social assistance, published by Government Notice No. R. 898 of 2008, as amended.
2. Persons eligible for Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress
3. Procedure for application for Covid Social Relief of Distress
4. Date of application and consent by applicant to information sharing
5. Amount and period of payment
6. Appeal against decision of AgencyNotwithstanding the regulations governing appeals as contemplated in section 14(3)(b)(iii) and section 18 of the Act, the appeal process for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress is as follows:
7. CommencementThese Regulations take effect on the date of publication of this notice in the Gazette.
History of this document
22 April 2022 this version
Published in Government Gazette number 46271